We are dropped the plan to visit ‘Nahargarh ‘ and ‘Jaigarh ‘ because of timings. The forts closes at 1700hr and we are in Amer Fort at 1630hr. Hence we took the red bus back for ‘Badi Chaupar’ (oh, did i mention! our bus conductor was a wonderful lady. She even allowed us to stand near front door as we are enjoying the ride and road through those big windows. Caution you have be careful to choose your partners as mine are going crazy. Everyone in bus staring at us, so am pretending I don’t know these guys, one is my hubby and other is Sundar. It seems boys will be boys.). Bus dropped us at main Hawa Mahal road.
Important thing about shopping in this market is to arm yourself with best of your bargaining skills. Despite the fact, you may get stuffs at much lower price then in showrooms. But if you are buying artifacts and paintings, try buying it from shops which have either fixed prices or price tag along with item. There are shops which have code displayed with items. They charge you as per your interest and attitude and you might get cheated a big time.
Important thing about shopping in this market is to arm yourself with best of your bargaining skills. Despite the fact, you may be getting stuffs at much lower prices then in showrooms. But if you are buying artifacts and paintings, try buying it from shops which have either fixed prices or price tag along with item. There are shops which have code displayed with items. They charge you as per your interest and attitude and you might get cheated a big time.
As we wondered on main road market we came across ‘Art Cafe’, a cafe cum art gallery. They got a good collection of artifacts and paintings. Although a bit expensive, but they offer variety of items. Having a beautiful antique corner in drawing room or having a perfect garden is everyone’s desire, for all this is tripolia bazaar. Which is the hub of all pottery items and items made of copper and brass. From here we took our favorite ride in Jaipur E-ricksaw for old market. For all those foodies out there you should try ‘Kulfi’ at ‘Pandit Kulfi’ available nearby.
‘Badi Chaupar’ is old market of Jaipur. Best part of this place is that it has dedicated lane for different types of stuffs. To name a few
- There is lot of discussion on what is the best place for bridal shopping in any city (be it Delhi, Jaipur, Mumbai, etc.) Here in Jaipur the place is called Lalji Sand ka Rasta. It has everything you would need for your wedding. Be it amazingly beautiful bridal lahnga like the one i got for my wedding (Pic above, at a much cheaper price than from Delhi), gota work saree or suits, lahriya saree, maharani saree or be it gowns or cocktail dresses. Here u can also customize your outfits for wedding.
- Once you are done deciding with your wedding/party outfit the next thing is matching bangles and jewellery. For all that original ‘ Lac Bangles‘ to match your lahnga or saree ‘Maniharon Ka Rasta’ is the place for you. Extra Tip: If you are near do eat ‘lalaji ke golgappe‘.
- Weather you want to buy jewellery consisting of precious, semi-precious or non precious stones with gold and silver. Or u want artificial jewellery matching with your bridal outfit. Every single type of them is available at ‘Jahuri Bazaar‘. If you are a jewellery maker by yourself, you can get stuff from here. Few shops here do make customize jewellery only on order.
- ‘Shop till you drop‘ this line suits for ‘Bapu Bazaar’. Right place to buy best of Rajasthani Mojri, bandhej, block prints, Jaipuri quilts, oxidised jewellery etc.
- Chaura Rasta: For all book lovers visit. You will get all types of books. Be it novels, religious or course books.
Till now, i have shared enough for ladies. Time to groom men too. For all the men out there if you want to buy Rajputi sherwani, safas, leather jutian, custom made band gaala, hunter coat etc head towards ‘Khatipura Puliya’ near Mewar hospital (easy to find on google maps). For ladies this place is all about ‘Rajputana poshak’ which you generally see on online catalogs. There are few good tailors who can make them all. For all branded stuffs you can either buy from MI road or numerous malls.
With this our day came to an end. We headed back to Holiday home to prepare for next day to Pushkar.